Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Phase change in an voltage follower

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sambhav_1

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
IF I have an OPAMP with open loop gain ,lets say "-K", and is connected as a voltage follower. then what will be the phase change at the output.
Thank you

Answer is more complicated than the question. Depends on load, phase margin, gain margin for example. But basically it will be a low-pass filter, with cut-off frequency around the unity gain bandwidth of the OPAmp in a general application. So phase response will be similar to an RC LPF, from 0 to -90 degrees, -45 degrees around the cut-off frequency.

surely ans seems to be more complicated :).
I am nowhere close to the answer.can you suggest me any resource which i can refer.
Thanks

If the open loop gain is actually "-K" (not frequency dependent), there will be no phase shift at all. But a real world OP has at least a second order transfer function (a dominant low frequency pole and additional pole(s) slightly above the unity gain frequency). For known open loop transfer function, the closed loop behavior can be calculated, review analog circuit design text books.

Status
Not open for further replies.