Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PH electrode to pic (choosing module help)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gigo_gigo88

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello i am currently looking to design a PH meter for my university project that transfers data to PC via bluetooth connection i have done most of the parts but im confused on what ph electrode is best to use with pic18f4520

any idea on which PH electrode to use that gives good PH to voltage conversion?

Hi,

Cannot find the original post but this may help.. I used it with a 4520.

Attachments

• ETPH.pdf
    729.9 KB · Views: 87

so the electrode on measure the PH then i have to convert it to voltage ? i was thinking of using this LUTRON PE03
LUTRON PE03 then the output will go to 2 stages opamps with noise elimination the to the pic analogue channel what do you think ?

does the electrode gives voltage or i need to build a circuit to get it?

Hi,

Its seems a standard ph probe so should be fine.

You need a circuit like the one shown in that pdf , stage one very high impedance amplifier, the ph probes small voltage is + and - so it needs the second stage to make it a 0 - 5v pic compatible signal, the 3rd and 4th stages are noise filters.

is there any way to display floating point numbers on an lcd display or should i change it to a graphical lcd?

Check this.............

LCD Design with PIC® Microcontrollers

What’s New!
Segmented LCD Designer GUI
• Segmented Display GUI makes it easy to generate the code needed to drive LCD displays
• Just drag & drop to customize your display and the tool will generate the code for you
Free, new and integrated features with MPLAB® IDE v8.20 or higher

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back