Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Peltier element that is cold on both sides

Status
Not open for further replies.

mac-gyver

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I`m looking for an alternative to the "regular" peltier element; I need it to be cold on both sides. Does something like this exist?

The principle of Peltier plate is "one side cold, one side hot".
So if you stack two plates, you've got your answer.
But how would you deal with the heat ? ;)
Regards

Sure, they use them on star trek a lot. But hard to find, since they require di-litium crystals to operate.

Sure, they use them on star trek a lot. But hard to find, since they require di-litium crystals to operate.

Wow, just got a flashback from an episode of Big Bang Theory.

Heat is a little like water in a bucket...to get rid of it you have to carry it away somehow. If you need something that is cold on all sides, heat is not getting carried away. The closest thing I can think of would be a heat pipe.

Heat pipe - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You can have a cold end of the heat pipe, which is cold all around it. Inside of the heat pipe you have a liquid/gas that is carrying the heat away to another radiating surface. At that 2nd radiating surface, you can mount your peletier cooler. Of course, the pelitier cooler will have a hot side when operating, but the other end of the heat pipe will be cold on all sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.