Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Peak detector for nimh charger

Status
Not open for further replies.

dany.1986

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Does anyone know simple peak detector circuit that I could use as a termination method for nimh charger? I have looked everywhere but I cannot find anything with good description about how the circuit operates. Please help.

Why not use a smart battery charger IC? Maxim-IC have some.
The datasheet has a good description about how the circuit operates.

I don't want to use any IC's. Charger is supposed to charge one nimh battery so
-ΔV will be very small. I need something very sensitive to detect the peak. I found and changed circuit which uses op-amp but I'm not sure if it will be sensitive enough to detect the peak.

In above circuit capacitor connected to non-inverting input has greater delay than C3. So voltage on C1 lags behind voltage on C3 and when peak occurs then output of op-amp is on. What do you think about the circuit? Is it gonna work in practice? Can I do any improvements to it?

Status
Not open for further replies.