Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PCW compiler & RAM problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeleC

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello Guys
Im having problem with using the RAM inside a pic16f877
well the problem is that im using PIC C PCW Compiler and when compiling the compiler shows about 40 % of the RAM memory is free that is more than 180 byte free , but when i try to create anarray of bytes with 150 bytes dimension, this is not possible the compiler gives me an error. i think that the compiler doesnt cascade the variable one after another but at different memory address ...
well is there a work arround such a problem?
thx
Always Ready to Learn...

I had several ram problems with pcw compiler, when I contacted CCS support I remember that they resolved my problems upgrading the software and saynig that they had problems and cancelled them in various steps

so if i understood u , u solved this problem with an upgrade ? and to what version of CCS u upgraded to solve this problem.

i dont think upgrading is the solution....it depends on the progran..i think u r having an error there.....try using as less variables as possible....upload ur program may be we can help u in that......
i have seen two ram usages being displayed after building the project on output screen.....the max usage and the min usage.....it uses the ram when required....and overwrites it to save space....

Status
Not open for further replies.