Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PCI Express Protocol and Verification Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdshah

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am working as pcie verification engineer for quite long time.

Any query, Q&A and discussion regarding pcie protocol or verification are welcomed here.

Regards,
jdshah

Thanks in advance
What is the best way to reading pcie protocol... I am rtl design engineer.

Hello Jd,
I am learning SV for verification and want to learn from scratch how to make verification environment to test any DUT.
I am confused and don't know where to start from.
Thanks in advance,

Regards,
Yadiw

Yadiw,
You need to first know the flow and verification plan.My suggestion is start with small DUT's like RAM block,counters etc.
slowly proceed with bigger blocks.

Hello Jd,
I am learning SV for verification and want to learn from scratch how to make verification environment to test any DUT.
I am confused and don't know where to start from.
Thanks in advance,

Regards,
Yadiw

Hello

To make a VE is indeed some difficult task

Try to search on net and get some ready made VE for any small protocol like APB.

Take reference of it.

You have to make a top file , in that u have to intigrate DUT signal with VIP signal

Make on environment where u instantiate different agent as per you protocol need.

Include that file in top. Also include OVM or UVM methodology package to top file if u gonne use it.

Other things pl learn from net

There is one good site : testbench.in

Hope this help you.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks in advance
What is the best way to reading pcie protocol... I am rtl design engineer.

To Start reading pcie protocol I wll recommend to start from data link layer. Because its smallest in all and easy to understand.

Then got to Transaction layer and then PHY.

Below pdf is also good for it

http://www.mindshare.com/files/ebooks/pci%20express%20system%20architecture.pdf

Say for example, if a colleague asked you how to verify PCIe? Can you describe briefly how you go about doing this from a verification perspective? What you would test and how etc? I just want to get a idea what kind of things I should look at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back