Status
Not open for further replies.

varunme

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I exported 300dpi image from eagle and pasted into a A4 300dpi blank image, but when i took the print out , the sizes of the ICs are not matching, what can be the problem ?

There could be a few problems. Did you make sure that when you exported the image that you exported it at a scale of 1:1? That might help.

Also, from my experience, when printing/exporting the PCB layout as an image, Eagle always seems to be a little off with the size. What I would recommend doing is to mess with the zoom/scale until the printout matches the actual dimensions. Then your ICs should match up perfectly.

Regards,
Willis

Reactions: varunme

varunme

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
There could be a few problems. Did you make sure that when you exported the image that you exported it at a scale of 1:1? That might help.
1:1 , i didnt understand , how can i do it ?

1:1 , i didnt understand , how can i do it ?

Are you just trying to print/export an image of the board layout, correct? If so, you need to ensure that you are trying to print at a 1:1 scale. To do this make sure that box that says "Scale Factor" has a 1 in it; otherwise your layout image will be either bigger or smaller than it should be.

Regards,
Willis

varunme

ok ,
but i exported the image as bitmap from Eagle.
I will try the print method with the scale factor as 1.

@varunme, I agree with willis here. Using the scale of 1:1 is a must in order to print the correct layout image.:razz:

You may want to look at how you are "printing it" from the image. I exported an image of a PCB from Eagle at 300dpi and examined the resulting png file in a photo editor and the number of pixels is exactly correct.

Keith

varunme

creating bit map artworks is not a recomended way of doing things, again I go with printing 1:1 or if eagle has a bespoke post processing option for creating artworks use that.

varunme

I exported to pdf using nitropdf using scale of 1:1, and took print of pdf , now too the scale is not correct , IC legs dont match

As I said earlier, you need to look at how you are printing the image. Adobe pdf Reader usually selects "fit to page" by default - you need to turn that off.

You could post your pdf here.

Keith

varunme

I am using nitropdf

I am posting a dummy file that is printed with eagle and nitropdf

Attachments

• mybrd.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 110

I have printed that 1:1 from Adobe and the pitch of IC1 is 2.526mm - is that what you are measuring? That is probably paper shrinkage in my laser printer. Measuring the pdf (by eye, at 1000 pixles per inch) it seems to be 0.09989" pitch - close enough to 0.1". So, I think your pdf is OK. Your problem is printing.

Keith

varunme

I am using nitropdf

I am posting a dummy file that is printed with eagle and nitropdf

varun ,
that is not the way you create a pdf from eagle. how do you use the artwork with components marked on that? Is it a screen for top layer?

EAGLE has inbuilt pdf creation possibility. while print ting , perhaps you select the layer needed as we dont need many other layers. then leave the printer selection second button allows you to save a pdf direct.

suppose the file is 'mybrd". now name the file as "mybrd sold" for solder layer and 'mybrd top" for top layer- incase two layer board. direct the file to be saved in the same foolder that holds the brd and sch files. it gives a clean correctly dimentioned artwork, once you select the print ratio as 1:1. you can print that pdf using adobe.

the printer sizing should be set to 'none' even the centring etc can be cancelled. I do many boards.like that and i get perfect diomentioning. Ofcourse i use 600dpi mode with my HP Laserjet P1007.

Last edited:

varunme

just to check the pitch of the board , i checked all the layers and printed togather , i will try individual layers

- - - Updated - - -

yes, it's 2.54mm pitch, 16f877a

yes , finally figured out was a problem with printing , thanks all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…