Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pcb Thickness Vs Via size

Status
Not open for further replies.

txbob

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I have 6 layer pcb with minumum via size of 0.2 mm. From a fab requirement of pcb, what is maximum thickness of pcb , I can use in this application. Some general guidelines documentaion is also appreciated. I am looking for more core tickness to avoid flexing of pcb. The pcb dimesion is 200mmx 100mm
Bob

1-8 preferable, 1-10 ratio also quite achievable these days, so as via drilled at 0.3, a 3mm PCB may be possible, depends greatly on manufacturers abilities. Some are better than others... If possible I would use a 2.4mm PCB.

Reactions: txbob

txbob

Thanks for your Reply
Hi,

and for such manufacturing detail questions: better ask the manufacturer directly.

Klaus

Hi,
I have 6 layer pcb with minumum via size of 0.2 mm. From a fab requirement of pcb, what is maximum thickness of pcb , I can use in this application. Some general guidelines documentaion is also appreciated. I am looking for more core tickness to avoid flexing of pcb. The pcb dimesion is 200mmx 100mm
Bob
Hi,

Most of the PCB house could ensure a good plating in holes if the aspect ratio-A/C , which means PCB thickness divide minimum drilling holes size is <=8:1. in original gerber , if you design via holes 0.2mm , PCB house normally drill the holes size up to 0.3mm if there is enough space to enlarge the drilling bits , after platting copper in holes , the final holes size will be around 0.2mm . based on tat , the final PCB thickness can up to 2.4mm.

for your information, our PCB house was equipped with pulse electroplating line which can achieve a higher A/C , such as 12:1, in this situation, we can build PCB thickness 3.6mm .

PCBhouse

Status
Not open for further replies.