Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PCB substrate properties

Status
Not open for further replies.

yefj

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points

Hi,

it says it is FR4 with 1.6mm thickness. Now you should be able to find "standard values".

For more precise values I recommend to buy at a reliable distributor. They should be able to provide more precise values.

Klaus

Hello Klauss, could you please recommend one PCB FR4 company i could start with?
I dont know anything about good precise value distributors.

What kind of transmission line do you design on a single sided PCB? The only option is coplanar, don't think that it's what you want.

You do't however need "lots of parameters" for a basic imepdance caluclation, just substrate thickness and permittivity. Industry standard FR4 has a rather wide Er spec, about 4.2 to 4.6.

The website says this is single sided copper. For RF PCB, we usually want to have solid copper on one side (ground) and do the routing on the other side.

Reactions: yefj

yefj

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hello Volker, i have found this substrate.
The problem is with the SMA connector,its suppose to fit the width of the substrate(three legs)
Where can i find SMA connector with 1.5mm distance between the legs?
also could you recommend me a substrate with more accurate parameters?
Thanks

Last edited:

If you want to design a precise circuit, you should use branded PCB substrate such as Rogers or Taconic etc.Otherwise substrate parameters may have discrepancy lot by lot..

Reactions: yefj

yefj

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
On cheap substrates the relative permittivity Er could change even on the same board if you move a bit around.

1.6mm PCB SMA connectors:
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back