Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PCB Resonance Analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandhya.im

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
pcb resonance

Hi all,

Pl help me in doing PCB resonance Analysis.
I am using allegro16.0.
Is there any softwares for doing the power plane resonance analysis?
Any docs or tutorials available on this regard?
pls share.
Pls help.

Thank u

resonance analysis

I know SIWave from Ansoft can perform this kind of simulations, unfortunately I don't know much about it... also you can use Links (also from ansoft) and export your board file from Allegro to ansoft utilities (in this case SIWave)...

hope this helps
-D

power plane resonance

Hi sandhya and david,
What is the use of resonance analysis on layout?
How to determine whether this board needs resonance analysis or not?
Is there any guide line for designing resonance compliance board?
What is the impact of resonance on PCB?

Regards,
N.Raghavan

resonance analysis of pcb

Hi N.Raghavan

as the interconnections in a PCB are made of copper and with a fixed distance from ground (return path), they have RLC components and it can act as a tank circuit with an specific resonance frequency (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LC_circuit), when you hit that frequency, you may have some sort of amplification of noise (I'm also investigating this phenomenon, so pleas bare with me).

what I can tell you, from my experience, in this board we designed, in our power segment, we had a very long feedback path, and the switching frequency of the system was in the very same resonance freq of the path, causing a glitch that triggered the ESD protection of the driver thus burning the IC.

unfortunatelly is all I know :(, if someone have more information it will be very helpful.

hope it helps....
regards
-D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back