Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PCB decal which has 2 different pin patterns and 1 component in schematic

Status
Not open for further replies.

teepee

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello!

If I want to create pcb decal which has two different components pin pattern and there is only one component in schematic, how can I do that?

I mean that pcb decal has double number of pads than component actually have. Do I create a component in part editor with all extra pins NC-type and when routing component I add a connection to those pins in eco mode?

What is the best way of doing this?

Re: PADS Question

In PA*DS (version 5, 20*04, 20*05) you can create a specific part with two cae (elctrical symbol), with only one decal (pcb shape), you can create two different electrical symbols for shape and pins.

In this mode you cannot need to connect nets in manual mode.

Hope this help, Skywalker.

Hello and thanks for reply.

I meant that I need to design a PCB where is one footprint for two different component. That component might be from manufacturer#1 or manufacturer#2. Those components have different pcb pin pattern so I need an "adapter" decal.

I understood that your suggestion doesn't work in this case?
Correct if I'm wrong.

Hi sorry for delay,

Probably i don't understand well your previous question. I think is better to have two electrical components (specified mounted or not) and two different decals.

In layout, you can have one component on the other If is possible of course.

Let me know, skywalker.

i have a suggestion,
why not u create 2 seperate components then u put the other one on the last page of ur schematic. this scematic can use off page to connect the nets. but its for ur viewing only and need not show the engrg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back