Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PCB cutout in a BRD file using Cadence Allegro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jurbrian

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello.

Does anybody know how to cutout a piece of a PCB in a BRD file, including all the layers? I could not find how to do this using Cadence Allegro PCB Editor.

Thanks,
Juliano

If you want to cut the board at the edge.just cut the board outline and refix the route keepin and all the shapes will get adjusted if it is in dynamic state,
else you need to cut that too. if you need to cut inside the board,Place a board outline in the size you want to cut and place a route keepin around it.

Actually I need to cutout a small piece of the PCB in the BRD file, including part of all the layers (planes, traces and pads). But I´m not interested in fabricating it, I just need to save this kind of "PCB biopsy" in another BRD file.
Any idea how to do this?

but how do you use this cutout file? usually layout is import from schematics, when your new design is completed, once you import it, the cutout part is removed.
you should "cutout" schematics first

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back