Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PC Reads the Guitar nodes from Guitar

Status
Not open for further replies.

jessdarres

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
nodes of guitar

Hi,
PC reads guitar nodes from guitar.
In this project, how can i proceed?
If you have any answers please give me.
Defenatly it will be helpful to me.

Regards,
Jess

nodes of guiter

Hey,

University or school project eh?

Have a look at 'midi guitar' systems. They read the 'notes' from a guitar and output midi messages for note on/off and velocity. If you thionk about it, it isn't *that* difficult...and midi guitar systesm ahve been around for about as long as I have. They just have a pickup for each string (normal guitar pickups sense all 6 at the same time). So using an ADC, you can tell when a note has been 'plucked' by its amplitude and envolope, and its frequency (with the many harmonics that go with it) will tell you the note.

If you just have the hardware to convert each strings analogue signal to digital, then all the complex stuff can be on the PC software, using fourier transforms.

If you wish to use a standard guitar, without a special pickup, then you would just plug the guitar into a PC's soundcard, and write some rather complicated software to 'extract' information about frequency and harmonics. It might not be able to tell which string made which note, but thankfully strings form a guitar tend to produce definate harmonics, so not only would you have to find the root note, but also look for the harmonics that go with it....because when the guitar produces more than two notes, the harmonics interfere producing other frequencies which may even be higher in amplitude than the strings notes.

Theres some random idea's, hope this helps, but I don't design things for people, just rant :D

BuriedCode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back