Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pc parallel port interfacing

Status
Not open for further replies.

engineer khan

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i did all efforts to interface parallel port but all in vein...i have winxp programming on turbo c++,i have copied inpout32.dll in system32,system i have also copied userport,i have also tried lpt1,lpt2,also enable illegetmacy and my program is simple and run properly but in any case the led connected on parallel port is still not controlled just keep lighting while i m sending 0x00 at address 0x378...what can be the problem plz help me...thanking

It's a legacy interface, and is not really recommended for device interfacing. What works for WinXP on your specific
PC may not work on other PCs with different BIOS settings. Better to move to something either a bit more modern
like USB or Ethernet, or something common, like RS232.

hello,

In my application with LPT port under Windows XP
i put input32.dll in c:\windows directory

you can download and test this package runing on VB6 at
**broken link removed**

or Excel sheet to read or write on LPT ...

nota: my LPT ISA Daughter card is a very basis old card with TTL circuit,
this card is independante of the mother board ..so minimum risk.

If you want to use LPT port as input, check in BIOS configuration LPT Port BIDIRECTIONAL.

You can also use Dosbox0.72 to run dos programme (example in Turbo C) in Window XP environment.
so use direct acces to LPT port without using DLL.
direct writing on port 0378h

Now , i prefere to use PIC + Ethernet or bluetooth interface to link with a PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.