Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] patch antenna input impedance in CST

Status
Not open for further replies.

lkminz

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi there

for any operating frequency i could obtain the patch length and width. i can also calculate the width of the 50 ohm feed line .. but for proper matching antenna input impedance need to be known ...

how to determine antenna input impedance in CSt .. i know after simulation one can get impedance at port..... is there any way to get impedance at feeding point of antenna?

if input impednce at feed point is known then i can use a trasformer with proper width and length for matching. there should be a ways to calculate edge impedance in CST if any one knows about it then plesae help me here ...

regards
lkminz

hi

you can find the antenna input imedance after simulation

just click the result in the menu bar, there you will find the S parameters calculations and inside which you will see calculate Z and Y matrices

ater selecting Z and Y matrices you will find the input impedance result in the 1D result folder

regards

hi lkminz,

if you are doing microstrip feeding then you can match the impedance for 50 ohms.

regards

hello
anybody can show me how to calculate impedance matching for 50 ohm impedance for the microstrip antenna

hi caihalo
matching is calculated on the basis of S11 measurment for microstrip antenna. for a properly matched antenna S11 should be less than -10 dB at the resonanting frequency of the antenna.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
i got the answer of my question.. after simulating a guess work one can find port input impedance as shahid78 explained or just by checking smith chart plot which shows input impedance at the right corner
then by deembedding antenna input impedance of antenna, in case of microstrip antenna , can be determined.
i hope after that just a appropriate trasnfer is required to match it properly.

thanks all for discussion and help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back