Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Patch antenna from hfss - creating gerber data out of hfss

Status
Not open for further replies.

zhhgw

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I have a design under hfss 10 and I would like to have a Patch antenna, I would like to export it to Gerber format but I don't find this format in hfss can anyone help me please???
The attached file is my design.

Thank you,

this is my hsff file

Re: Patch antenna from hfss - creating gerber data out of hf

zhhgw said:
Hi,

I have a design under hfss 10 and I would like to have a Patch antenna, I would like to export it to Gerber format but I don't find this format in hfss can anyone help me please???
The attached file is my design.

Thank you,

this is my hsff file
Can any body help me?

If you have access to Ansoft Designer, you can export the *.sm2 file from HFSS, import it into Designer and then export from Designer in a gerber format. Make sure all your units are consistent.

tallface65 said:
If you have access to Ansoft Designer, you can export the *.sm2 file from HFSS, import it into Designer and then export from Designer in a gerber format. Make sure all your units are consistent.
Hi

Can I get three layer in the sm2 format? As I use defected ground structure!
It is clearly writen in the manual - only one layer is converted to planar (sm2) format, so this might be disagreement between my files.

Many Thanks

If you have multiple layers, export each layer individually from HFSS (three files), and import individually into Designer on 3 different signal layers.

This should do it.

tallface65 said:
If you have multiple layers, export each layer individually from HFSS (three files), and import individually into Designer on 3 different signal layers.

This should do it.
can you help me? send me the gerber data file.
Many thanks

Added after 4 hours 50 minutes:

tallface65 said:

This should do it.

Please help me get the gerber file. As I donot have ansoft designer.
Can you export the gerber file for me please?
Many thanks....

I offer advice, I don't give out freebies, especially when they involve licensed software.

Best of Luck
:)

tallface65 said:
I offer advice, I don't give out freebies, especially when they involve licensed software.

Best of Luck
:)
Hi

I just want the gerber files about my antenna! Nothing about the Designer software!!!
Plz hlep me. I need produce the antenna to continue my project.
It is very important to me.
Many Thanks

i want to notch my uwb with defected ground structure.any1 any idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.