Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Patch Antenna at 5GHz using Hfss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muhammed_1

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello
I designed a patched antenna to resonate at 5GHz using HFSS but the problem is when i fed it using Lumped port the frequency shifted by one GHz and if i used wave port the result is good ...

Please Can anyone help me to knew why does this happened ?

Thanks in advance

what type of feeding are you using? coaxial feeding or the microstrip line feeding?

then you should use lumped port for your excitation because wave port is used if coaxial feeding and lumped port is used in microstrip line feeding.

i hope it will help you.

yes I used lumped port but the results are shifted ... i dont knew why ??

is there any modification in Radiation boundary i made it as i did in wave port .. is that right ??

i do not think radiation boundary will leave any effect.?

when i used wave port i defined radiation boundary as BOX and it touch the wave port in same surface ... so i changed the port so i should change the radiation boundary

right ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back