Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Parasitic effects and parasitic devices..

Status
Not open for further replies.

joely2k

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I just new in this EE field, I always come across this word 'PARASITIC' when studying and working. Can somehow briefly explain to me what is it enable to let me understand easier?

From what I understand, parasitic is something comes naturally and cannot be avoid. This effects will cause imperfect flow on electronic devices, thus the current flows will not be 100% efficient no matter how..... Is this the correct answer for myself?

THanks...

Added after 30 minutes:

And one more.. Parasitic extraction... Is it all related?

In microelectronic, parasitic is the neutral effect yes....but it's cause by the different type of substrate layer. The dopping level related to the material resistance and called parasitic resistance and the gap between two different layer producing parasitic capacitance....

The way to minimize or preventing this is by two ways:
1. The doppant on the upper layer must be lighter than below
2. Use a guard ring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back