Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Parameters for good Monte Carlo simulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

jutek

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello

i want to do a monte carlo simulation.

what process variation should i set for:

transistor W and L change
resistor W and L change

i set 10mv/sqrt(W*L) for transistor vth variation

what Ar value i should set for resistance variation in Ar/sqrt(w*l)

what else should i parametrize to do a good simulation?

and what after that. i will have monte carlo results, if fails (huge variations) what should i change to achieve better results before using a special layout techniques.

regards

Re: monte carlo

basically the deviations of device parameters is settled by guys, which are responsible for models.
But if you haven't special files with defined deviations, try to set as more as possible deviation parameters to get a worst case simulation results

Since we care much on the threshold mismatch for MOS, you can vary the oxide thickness(tox), nch(doping concentration), dw, dl , dvth0 etc...

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

Process parameters like Vto, tox, Nsub , Uo(mobility), Rsh and Rdsw are most critical transistor MOS parameters!!

they affect directly in the I-V curves!!

it is clear for me, but i don't have mismatch documentation, and i want to estimate this changes so what values should i take for:

transistors W nad L changes
Ar for resistor and also resistor W and L changes

regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back