Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Parallel port Control port

Status
Not open for further replies.

elexhobby

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Friends,
I read the parallel port tutorial on the site www.beyondlogic.org & experimented a bit with my computer.
In the tutorial it is written that the data port (0x378) is generally ‘Write Only’; however I found mine to be bi-directional – great!
The doubt I have is with the Control Port (0x37A). The tutorial says that the control port is Read/Write. So I sent all the control pins to high impedance state (sent F4, since some are hardware inverted). I then tried externally applying a low input (0 V) to certain pins– But it doesn’t read the external value. When I read back the control port, it simply reads the value sent earlier (F4).
Is it the case that not all control ports are bi-directional? I find mine to be ‘Write Only’.
Kindly help.

Thanks in advance.

Elexhobby

First of All You Should Send you Program Lines

Now Check These:
1- You have Enabled EPP,ECP in you Rom Bios to Use your port as Bidrectional port
2- you Data (input or Output) is in the 1 Byte (@ Adr 0x378 ) you Must Always Read or Write Data
in that Reister
3- For Toggleing the Direction of Data you only need to change the Control Reg (0x378+2) bit #5
which is direction bit like outport(0x378+2,xxx1xxxx).
4- now you should put the Desired input on LPT Data Pins
5- Then you should Read the 0x378 Register a=inport(0x378)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back