Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PADS Paste Mask Delete

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdi_eng

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a legacy board design that I am supporting in PADS 9.1.
Right now, when ever I generate the gerbers for this board and send out for a paste stencil, I have to tell them to modify the paste file by deleting some of the openings and shrinking some of the openings. My preference is to modify the PCB so that it generates the files that I need without modification.
For instance, I am trying to delete paste openings on 2 fiducials. I also have a set of Tag-Connect pads that I would like to remove the openings but can't do that either.
For far I have tried: In the pad stack, I deleted the Top Paste Mask layer. Then I added the Top Paste Mask layer with a diameter of 0. Neither of those changed the CAM output.
Any ideas on how to delete paste mask openings in PADS layout?

Solution
Ok, I figured out a solution for the problem in my post title but will be posting a follow-up, semi-related question about making a modified paste mask. I would like to shrink the paste mask opening for only certain pads.

Solution:
When generating the files in the CAM tool, Edit the Paste Mask Top. In the Options menu for the Paste Mask Top, there is a "Suppress" option to suppress openings for Ref. Des. that you list with commas separating the Designators. You must also have a check mark in the "Exclude Pads" for it to take effect. See those menus lined up on my attached screen snip. With these settings, I no longer have openings on the Fiducials (FD1 and FD2) or the Tag-Connect (J7).
Ok, I figured out a solution for the problem in my post title but will be posting a follow-up, semi-related question about making a modified paste mask. I would like to shrink the paste mask opening for only certain pads.

Solution:
When generating the files in the CAM tool, Edit the Paste Mask Top. In the Options menu for the Paste Mask Top, there is a "Suppress" option to suppress openings for Ref. Des. that you list with commas separating the Designators. You must also have a check mark in the "Exclude Pads" for it to take effect. See those menus lined up on my attached screen snip. With these settings, I no longer have openings on the Fiducials (FD1 and FD2) or the Tag-Connect (J7).

Attachments

• PasteMask_Delete_openings.png
    PasteMask_Delete_openings.png
    40.1 KB · Views: 196

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back