Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PADS 9.1: length match for DDR2 address through T junction

Status
Not open for further replies.

neowt

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,
Can anyone advise me how to define Properties/Design Rule in PADS 9.1 Layout or Router so as to constraint the trace length of DDR2 address net from a CPU to two DDR2 RAMs through a T-junction? Also, can the length matching contraint travese the series matching resistor? The length matching is between the same net from source to two loads and also across all address/control signals. I am using a T-juction to connect the address lines in accordance to Micron's application notes.
According to the applicaiton notes, matching tolerance is 100 mils. Does it make any difference if I am only using the slowest DDR2 400MHz?

Thanks,

Neo

Re: PADS 9.1: length match for DDR2 address through T juncti

Make a single pin part the same size as the via you are gonna use. Then set up your matched length rules for the corresponding pin pairs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back