Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pade hole size in PROTEL is same in printout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noman Yousaf

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
pcb pade

hello every one

my problem is,
i am using PROTEL for windows
when i get printout from laser printer, the pad holes get same width
in previwe, pad hole size varies but in printout, all the pad hole are small and same.
pad size varies but hole does'nt

Noman

pade hole

I think they will be the same size when you print them by printer. When I use the POWER PCB to print, the same thing happened,the pads size are differnet but the holes size are the same. even they are filled by black, I can't recogonize them as holes.

hole size and pad size

You do have the check box option in print preview settings ticked for 'show holes' right?

This is not the default, you have to tell Protel to show holes, or it will just fill the pad.

Did you print to laser printer or PDF or what?

I just tried a 0.5/1.0 1.0/2.0 2.0/3.0 hole/pad size combination and selected 'final' plots and it worked fine. All holes different sizes.

The hole sizes should show as per the artwork with correct size and annular ring.

At least this works in 99SE, do not know about DXP, never used it properly.

:R

protel

Hi to all my friends
Please help us to solve thise problem ,i have the same problem

Best Regards

protel printing pads

HI there,

There's no problem in taking print out from protel or DXP, it works fine.

try printing the document on a pdf and check if it is the same happening.

if you are able to view the proper hole sizes on print preview then there should be some other problem. try connecting and different printer and see.

thanks

through hole protel

no problem with the printer,it may be setting or like that,please help us as soon as possible to overcome this problem

Best Regards

printing protel

it seems you have already tried using advanced settings in printing options,
If you are able to see same hole sizes in print preview, your software settings are fine. try taking a pdf print and then take a printout. i have faced the same problem and i had to change my printer where it worked fine.

Thank you

protel 2.0

If I remember correctly, Protel 2.7 has limitations like these, if you take printout. Only alternative is to switch to Protel99 or Altium.

Go for Gerber and NC Drill creation if that satisfies you...

Nishal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back