Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pad generation - mentor adk pads errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

ikki

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
mentor adk pads errors

Dear Sir,

I am trying to do pad frame generation. According to the ADK 3.1 guide book, it mentioned,
"Step 3: In the ADK Library menu choose the pads to use
from the appropriate library for your technology. Based on the technology, there may be different types of pads available. You can only use one set of technology pads and it must agree with the technology of your design."

Ok In my design architect, there is a palette with "ADK IC library" when i click it once. The preent palettle doesnt have any technology for me to choose ( Im doing TSMC 0.35u ). Thus, I click the "Standard Cell" palette. In there there are technology like AMS etc and TSMC0.35u. When I clicked it. Here comes all the Vdd, Out, In and etc. I though it is the pad that i wanna add into my schematic.
However, every time i click any of the available pad. Error popped out indicating the below error msg.

Below is the error prompted while trying to load the pad symbol.

// Error: Component "$ADK/lib/pads/tsmc035/PadInC" not found (from: Capture/gdc_part_mgr/error 02)

I checked in the directory and realised that $ADK/lib/.. directory does not exist. I searched around the Mentor-training-ADK folder but could not find pad symbol for DA. Without this, I could not generate pad in IC station.

As shown in this tutorial I found in the internet, **broken link removed** . I am suppose to wire my top level symbol with other in, out , vdd and gnd pin as shown in Figure 2. However, I do not have those pin's symbol.

How can I generate my pad frame without connecting in Design Architect ?

P.S My objective is to download the pads files so I could add into my schematic. Any idea where can I downldoa it ? I downloaded the ADK3.1 files but it doesnt have the "lib" folder in it ..... Any one has ADK 2.1 ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back