Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

P-Channel mosfet turn off problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharagim

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I am trying to use a mosfet as schematic but in benchmark this is showing 8V in "Node1" which I think should be 0V, and It can turn on a LED also. I think the schematic is ok(I got it in another post) but I am not sure why this is happening. I measured the current for BLUE LED which it is showing 30mA and I think it couldn't be the IDSS!
FDN360.png

The shown schematic is expected to work.
Possible reasons for the observed problem:
- MOSFET defective
- wrong MOSFET pin assignment

I guess, your actual schematic has an additional signal path to turn the MOSFET on. May be it's generating an unwanted voltage across R1.

Exactly I have a NPN to turn it on which is working properly.
I would like to draw your attention I have this problem when I disconnect that path also.

what's the purpose of this circuit?

Remotely switch a 24V device ON/OFF

Last edited:

R1 connects the gate to the source causing the Mosfet to be turned off then the voltage at Node 1 is 0V.

It should be 0V but it is 8V!

Hi,

Measure the gate voltage. Check if the output changes somehow during measurement.

Show the complete circuit. The problem most probably is not in the shown circuit.

Klaus

Your circuit has no value for R2 the load. Is it 22M ohms?
You talk about a blue LED but there is no blue LED in the schematic. Where was it connected?

I got the point from FvM and changed the supplier of the mosfet and solved.
Seems it was fake and not original.
For a test I changed the VCC to 12V and it worked ok, it shows it can't do 24V.
Then I replaced the mosfet with a new one (which I think is original) also VCC to 24V and it is working properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.