Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

P channel MOSFET number just like N channel IRFZ 44N

rajaram04

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello

Just like IRFZ44N an N Channel MOSFET
I want to know about the matching commercial P Channel MOSFET number

Please help me in finding it !!!
Thanks . ..☺️😊

Hi,

a quich websearch leads you to the following discussion

BR

As you probably know P channel type has poorer performance than N channel for same chip area. Therefore you can't find an exactly complementary type. If you want similar Rdson, you'll get higher capacitances and gate charge.

If you go for Infineon, IRF4905 is the nearest choice. To select in a wider portfolio, use parametric search engine of distributors, e.g. Digikey after defining your requirements.

As you probably know P channel type has poorer performance than N channel for same chip area. Therefore you can't find an exactly complementary type. If you want similar Rdson, you'll get higher capacitances and gate charge.

If you go for Infineon, IRF4905 is the nearest choice. To select in a wider portfolio, use parametric search engine of distributors, e.g. Digikey after defining your requirements.
I see, Ya right IRF 4905 is close enough !!
Le me go through that with several exp.
Thanks
--- Updated ---

Hi,

a quich websearch leads you to the following discussion

BR
Ya OK I am checking with that . . . .

They do have Automotive upgrade versions of the same parts with AU prefix and higher current rated Q charge specs for Typ and Max.
1708443465746.png
1708443510608.png

But as Frank said, complementary Nch-Pch makes it harder to match Pch due to the higher RC=Tau rise times for the Vgs and Vds which makes the output more asymmetrical. The critical part is to minimize deadtime yet avoid shootthru at all temperatures and load BEMF.

This is why you'll find Infineon and others using dual Nch with using the low side switch PWM to pump Boost V for high side gate voltage.

There are lots of refence designs on the Infineon site too. Automotive designs demand more safety for redundant cut-off and reverse voltages from incorrect battery boost polarity or similar.
1708443175550.png

I don't have it anymore , but I made a spreadsheet with every PWR FET and electrical parameters and price , then plotted a scatter plot to find matches or lowest RC=Tau products vs Id. You may find yourself looking SiC and other newer technologies.

Or use Infineon's filters to choose Vds max then the R, Q or C parameters to match.

Last edited:

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu: