Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

P-Cad 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

RussH

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All.....We have a problem.....
Company has purchased Solidworks PCB 2020 to link in with the mechanical side. Currently most PCB designs are on P-Cad 2002/2006.
We have also upgraded the hardware.
Now this is where the problem comes in.
The licence codes for P-Cad 2006......Well no one in IT seems to know where they are. (a few IT people have come and gone) So we are stuck with P-Cad 2006 staying on it's old machine.
No problem I here you say, just convert them over.
Well yes, can do, but I'm a firm believer in, if it isn't broken, don't fix it, so I'd keep the designs as is, especially if they are legacy, just leave them be, but if the need arises for a small change it can be updated on P-Cad 2006.
We've contacted Altium to see if codes could be available, but no.
So if anybody out there has P-Cad 2006 build 19.00.6667 or better, and doesn't need it, and would like to part with it, let me know.

Regards
Russ

I'm not familiar with PCAD and don't know how the licenses have been shipped. But It's probably older than todays online licensing schemes. More likely an individual license file per seat has been copied to the PC.

You can try to clone the old machine to a virtual disk image and run it in a virtual machine, e.g. Virtual Box. Check if the license is still working.

Hi All.....We have a problem.....
Company has purchased Solidworks PCB 2020 to link in with the mechanical side. Currently most PCB designs are on P-Cad 2002/2006.
We have also upgraded the hardware.
Now this is where the problem comes in.
The licence codes for P-Cad 2006......Well no one in IT seems to know where they are. (a few IT people have come and gone) So we are stuck with P-Cad 2006 staying on it's old machine.
No problem I here you say, just convert them over.
Well yes, can do, but I'm a firm believer in, if it isn't broken, don't fix it, so I'd keep the designs as is, especially if they are legacy, just leave them be, but if the need arises for a small change it can be updated on P-Cad 2006.
We've contacted Altium to see if codes could be available, but no.
So if anybody out there has P-Cad 2006 build 19.00.6667 or better, and doesn't need it, and would like to part with it, let me know.

Regards
Russ

I have use PCAD 2002 to 2006.

Let me check if I have this stuff in old setups.
One more thing, I am not confident if sharing this is legal or not ?

Maybe this wil help.

pcad.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back