Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

P-CAD 2002 Shape Router Autorouter help- recognizing plane segments

Status
Not open for further replies.

jxw

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guys, I'm using a really old P-CAD 2002 for my lab work and am using the Shape-based router to autoroute my board, which has several hundred pins. My ground layer is a plane layer that has 4 different ground regions made with plane region shapes.

It seems that the autorouter is only routing a pad directly on top of its ground region to ground, but there are some pads that are islanded off and not directly on top of its ground plane region. The shape router seems it isnt able to recognize that it needs to make a via out from this pad away and onto where it's rightful ground plane region is.

Does anyone know what to do in this case and how I can make it recognized where the plane segment is and route traces out to there and drop a via there?

Thanks a lot!
Josh

Hi

have use p-cad on daily basic since last 10 year

P-cad router was not very good ,that wly i never use it ,use spectra was mutch better

and normally it better to route GND pin manually specially if you have island and many corpper pour partition

Best regard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back