Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

P and N Substrate using HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

kasi4u

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
n substrate

I am designing Spiral Inductor using HFSS.

I want the substrate to be P-type.

Can Any one help me as how to define the substrate as P-type in HFSS.

Thanks

KASI

p type vs n type substrate

I don't think you need to. All you care about is how many charge carriers there are, and it doesn't matter whether those charge carriers are in the form of electrons (n-type) or holes (p-type). If there were a junction between p-type and n-type it might be different, but in a spiral inductor there should be no such junctions. So just get the substrate conductivity right and forget about p-type vs n-type.

Thanks for the reply.

Actually I am doing thesis in designing the GSG test fixture for high isolation measurements.

In that I have plans of using different substrates p or n or combination of both.

Actually I want to confirm that do we have option of desigining the n-type or p-type using HFSS.

I am trying to design and simulate my different ideas.

Thanks
KASI

No, you don't have the option to define the silicon substrate as p-type or n-type. what you can do is to simulate your substrate in device simulator e.g. MEDICI and plot the concentration, hence, the resistivity, and then emulate this in your HFSS.

kasi4u said:
Thanks for the reply.

Actually I am doing thesis in designing the GSG test fixture for high isolation measurements.

In that I have plans of using different substrates p or n or combination of both.

Actually I want to confirm that do we have option of desigining the n-type or p-type using HFSS.

I am trying to design and simulate my different ideas.

Thanks
KASI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back