Status
Not open for further replies.

deepa

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I observed output voltage noise spectral density of my opamp i can see a 1/f structure and then it doesn become constant (white noise),but its value is further decreasing with a higher slope.Is this 1/f^2 noise?
shouldn thermal noise domainate this and the spectrum should be white there after.

Re: transistor's noise

the noise spectrum depends purely on the surroundings and the material and design... so i dont think it is possible to do a analysis on noise without having an in hand experience on it...

1/f niose is flicker noise which is at the device level ....... correct me if i am wrong ... i think we cannot do anything unless we change the technolgy.....

by changing technology i dont think flicker noise can be reduced.... by changing parameters, material, design etc the noise inherent to that particular material or design etc can be changed.....

Flicker noise's effect can be decreased by increasing both W and L of the MOSFETs while keeping W/L constant (for proper circuit operation). This should shift the corner frequency to lower frequencies. This way you don't have to change technology.
The 1/f^2 may arise due to filtered white noise. A pole after the noise source would cause a 20dB/dec which may appear as 1/f^2 but I'm not sure if this is your case .

In addtion to ieropsaltic's inputs, if you are able to use a pmos transistor instead of a nmos device in your design, this will also reduce your 1/f noise.

Status
Not open for further replies.