Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Output supply voltage of Gate driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhikuvar

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
What are the factors that decide the output voltage of a gate driver circuit?

1. Basically I am planning to implement ADuM3223 as a gate driver for power electronic module I intend to build (https://www.analog.com/static/imported-files/data_sheets/ADuM3223_4223.pdf).

2. H-bridge topology which I am working on operates from +6V Pb-Acid battery supply.

3. ADuM3223 will be used for driving gates of FETs in H-bridge. Datasheet states output drive is (4.5-18V). I need to size the circuit accordingly for which it is required to know output voltage of gate drive signal. How to determine that?

Any help will be really appreciated. Thanks.

The output voltage (and current) of the gate driver should be chosen based on the requirements of the FETs being driven. Switching frequency should also be known to determine required output current.

Status
Not open for further replies.