Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Output file formats from Eagle Pro?

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

treez

Hello,

Our PCB manufacturer has requested an ASCII file or a ODB++ file for the PCB we just sent him.

We sent him Gerbers and excellon drill files, yet he insists on one of these other formats also.

...If we cant send these , then he wants to know what output file formats can be sent from Eagle.

Do you know what output file formats can be achieved from Eagle ?(besides Gerbers and Excellon drill files)

I know ODB++ can't be done natively from eagle, since the IP for that format is not public. I don't think it can do ASCII.

It would probably be easier to find a manufacturer that isn't incredibly picky, rather than change CAD programs. The vast majority of manufacturers have no problem with gerbers.

Reactions: treez

T

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Surely a PCB manufacturer who cannot make a PCB from Gerbers and Excellon drill files cannot last long?!

Keith

T

i think (i have no idea really), that they have several PCB making machines....the modern ones can do gerbers, but the older ones need ascii/odb++ too. They dont want to throw their old machines away.......so they try and do some of the jobs on them.....and thence try and get ascii odb++ from the customers......weve been told that its more expensive if we just give gerbers and so i assume what i just explained?

I think it is more likely that the newer machines use ODB++ and require less work to set up.

Keith.

T

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back