Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ouptut power of a mobile phone ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

laseetha

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,
how much output power is needed during transmission for a mobile phone ?
i was told that it is 0.5 w from BSNL(Bharat Sanchar Nigham Limited) in Tamil nadu, India.
anybody can give other ideas

hello
i m not sure about it but as transmission is at very high freq the power should be in micro or milli watts. not in the watts.

well still i m not sure...keep searching. i will too. if i will get then i inform you...

best luck

bye

laseetha

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
GSM Mobile phones have 2W max. output power.
This power is variable depending on phone-base station distance.Mobile phone would adjust the output power regarding to received BER level.

laseetha

can i get any data seet regarding this

Hi,

Actually it depends on the standard used. The max. output power depends on the MS power class. In GMS900, most of phones are power class 4 and transmit 33dBm (2W) while they are class 1 in DCS1800 and transmit 30dBm (1W).

For more data, check the 3GPP site in the section specification download. look for 51.010.

Hope that helps.

Added after 34 minutes:

hello again,

It is better to check TS05.05 at the following link:
https://www.3gpp.org/FTP/Specs/html-info/0505.htm.

You should find easily the different power class and corresponding max. output power vs freq. band.

Hope this help.

RFCMOS

laseetha

usually the TX output will be about -6 to -7dBm and thru PA's gain .the maximum output power at the antenna will reach to 33dBm

I use to work for the Nextel Cell Phone company back in 2000. I was told that the tansmit power is .5Watts for the cell phone. The base station radio transceiver was around 70 Watts. I never questioned it to be false I just trusted in the fact that my superiors knew what they were talking about

laseetha

For the mobile phone it is between 0.5W to 2 W

but for the base transceiver station it depent on the design so it varys between 60w to 100W in spicial cases

laseetha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back