Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

OTA as an integrator

Status
Not open for further replies.

salil87

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi
I just want to get some idea how to use an OTA as an integrator (for dual slope ADC). Can some one help me out or give me some links?
Thanks
Salil

OTA is indeed a integrator when connected to a cap; gmvd current pumped into cap...

LInearity of OTAs without feedback is generally low, mostly due to the nonlinear transconductance curve. I can't imagine that it will give more than 1% (7-Bit) accuracy for a dual slope ADC. In other words, a bad idea.

As in case of a classical operational amplifier you also can use a capacitor in the negative feedback path of an OTA. In addition, you need buffering the output. When the input voltage is applied to the inverting OTA input through a resistor R the voltage transfer function is:H(s)=1/(1+gm*R) - 1/s[(C/gm +RC)]. Gm is the transconductance of the OTA. The second term is equivalent to an inverting integrator. For low frequencies the first term can be neglected in case the product gm*R is small enough.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back