Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

orcad pcb editor gerber file creation for 3-layer pcb board

Status
Not open for further replies.

PAVANIKARNA

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi sir/madam
iam new for orcad software. I completed designing of 3 layer board successfully and created gerber file also. while i send these gerber file to manufacturer they send me problems like
problem description-1:
the Excellon drill file is missing
problem description-2:
in your gerber data two different bottom layers are given which is not clear to us.
problem description 3:
you uploaded top slikscreen file is unable to load properly

i have used 3 layers named as top, layer2, bottom.

suggest me how to overcome all these error

1) You didn't send them a drill file.
2) You defined two layers as bottom layers.
3) There is something wrong with your silkscreen file.

hi sir/madam,
Iam new for orcad pcb editor. 3-layer board designing is completed but iam not getting how to create a gerber file for 3-layer board individual like solder side for 3- layers, solder masking and silkscreen.

Hi pavan,

PCB must be even number of layer only.don't keep odd layer
while release the gerber.Manufacturer-->artwork-->in pop up menu select the file control and then add layer one by one

hi sir
iam not clear about it i need explaination little bit more

hi pavan,
even no layer is good.odd number of layer is not good.because while manufacturing the board.material always cover with both side in copper only.please check this pdf

Attachments

• why_even_layers_for_pcb_1929.pdf
    509.6 KB · Views: 73

than q sir,
PDF is good and pls suggest me to how to generate gerber file for completed design. generating gerber file for solder side, solder masking and silkscreen layers. and what is excellon drill file means

- - - Updated - - -

sorry for troubling. provide guidelines for multilayer designing. what are the rules have to follow for designing multi-layers boards.
and iam pavani

- - - Updated - - -

than q u,
but at present in my organization they given pcb to design in 3-layer board. i have completed but while creating gerber file iam getting an error. pls suggest me how to create gerber file for 3-layer board for solder side, solder mask and silkscreen and excellon drill file. and how we have to name layer like top, bottom and layer2 is it correct

check this video file in this link it is very useful for beginner

**broken link removed**

Hello , Paven ,

you can design as 4 layers in your soft, and let the pcb manufacturer to delete the unused layer when produce this pcb , then there will be no prolbem in your soft .

Evan Wang
S-k-y-p-e: evan.2012

hi sir/madam
iam new for orcad software. I completed designing of 3 layer board successfully and created gerber file also. while i send these gerber file to manufacturer they send me problems like
problem description-1:
the Excellon drill file is missing
problem description-2:
in your gerber data two different bottom layers are given which is not clear to us.
problem description 3:
you uploaded top slikscreen file is unable to load properly

i have used 3 layers named as top, layer2, bottom.

suggest me how to overcome all these error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back