Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Orcad Layout gerber generation problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

whitenoise

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
layout gerber

I have design a board using metric template and metric libraries;
everything works correctly but when i plot the gerber files they are converted in inch.
I have try to change settings in layout.ini but nothing changed.

Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks, wn

gerber orcad

You have not mentioned which Version of Layout you are using but I know about Versions before 10 that they wont output Gerbers in Metric eventhough you can have Library and board in metric setting. In fact in Layout help refers to this that Gerbers are out put in Inch regardless of board units.
I am not sure if this is the case with Layout V10. maybe still is the same.

Best Regards,

Majnoon

gerber generation

I'm using V10 with service pack1.

orcad gerber generation

Try to use CamCad PCB Translator or Cam 350 to convert gerber files from Metric to inch. this way i think is faster.

Have a nice day

orcad flash gerber

concat you're right but in this way the data are converted twice mm->inch and inch->mm.
The main problem is that, for example, a drill size or a flash of 1.5mm become in the first conversion 59.05 mil and in the second 1.499mm.

Probably this is not a problem for the manufacturer, he round up the data, but it seems to me an error source and from an aesthetical point of view I don't like to send gerber files full of '9' ;-)

Thank you for your suggestion,
by wn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back