Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Orcad layout 16.0 how to take a footprint from existing layout file to other layout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clinton Babu

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

Is it possible for me to take out an existing footprint from an existing OrCAD layout(.max file) 16.0 file?

I'm having an existing layout file where i don't have the custom footprint files of the design and I want a logo which is already in the layout design copied to other designs. How is it possible to get the foorprint from layout file? I'm using Orcad 16.0 .

Expecting your reply as soon as possible since its an urgent job to be completed.

Thanks in advance.

hi,
Thanks for the reply. But you are not clear about my question. I know the above technique which helps for allegro designs.
I'm having an OrCAD Layout(.max ) design file which has been created by my friend. But he lost his custom made library files which includes the footprints.
I want to use the same logo footprint for other Orcad Layout designs(NOT allegro pcb editr) which is already in the custom existing design. Hope its possible.
please let me know how it could be done.

Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back