Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Orcad defining traces for a pspice sim

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonc2

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am learning how to use orcad 9.2. I can design a circuit in capture and simulate it in pspice. When I add new traces/plots to a simulation output, they are deleted when I rerun the simulation. Is there a way to define traces/plots for a project somewhere so I don't have to recreate them every time I run the simulation?

I know how to add probes in capture, but I'm talking about more complex traces e.g. equations that I can't define just with the probes (I think).

Thanks!
J

You may want to take a look at the probe setup options. You can select "restore last probe session" instead of default "show all markers". In addition, you can save and reload arbitrary probe setting from the probe window.

Thanks I had some trouble locating probe options, although I found a plot templates option that I need to play with. Im upgrading to orcad 16 ill try it then.

In PSpice waveform view window, you should do Add trace and there you can add complete equations. You can also define and store macros. The other very powerful feature is Plot window template, which you have already indicated that you intent to use.

Reactions: jasonc2

jasonc2

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back