[SOLVED] Orcad Capture 16.5, how to create netlist for Orcad PCB (Allegro)

Status
Not open for further replies.

glennr

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
I am, using Orcad Capture rev 16.5-S026, looking for a little help please.

I am trying to create a netlist in the format needed for the Allegro version of Orcad PCB editor rev 16.5.
When I try to create a netlist, it does not occur.

I have run the DRC check and I get no errors. I do get warnings about unconnected pins.
There are pcb footprints defined for parts which don't exist but that should not block the creation of a netlist.

Here is my configuration.
In the CreateNetlist dialog box, the box is checked for "Create PCB Editor Netlist".
The "netlist files directory" is filled in with "allegro". I get files stored in the allegro folder but not a netlist.

In the setup menu, the default config file is defined "C:\Cadence\SPB_16.5\tools\Capture\allegro.cfg ". This has not been modified.
In the Options->Preferences->Miscellaneous, EnableIntertoolCommunication is checked.

I am thinking I need to specify the formatter DLL file in CreateNetlist->Other->Formatters
Is there a DLL file to use for PCB Editor Netlist? I ask this because this is currently filled in with "oraccel.dll".
If I change this to "oralgorex.dll", then I do get a netlist file, but the format is probably not for Orcad PCB Editor.
There is no DLL option for Allegro (the new Orcad PCB Editor) format.

Thanks,
-Glenn

- - - Updated - - -

I found this documented in the Orcad Capture help file, section 4.
-Glenn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…