Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

OrCAD 9.2 do not generate Board Outline?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loq

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am currently working with OrCAD Layout 9.2 to design my PCBs and the board outline is not automatically generated by the post-processing. Some PCB manufacturers accept board outline description on an additionnal layer (SST for example) or document but it is not always the case... Am i doing something wrong? Is it an OrCAD 9.2 bug already known? Is this bug fixed in the following version (10 I guess) so that I have to move to the latest OrCAD version?

I someone has any experience with this old OrCAd version...
Thx,

Loq

Hi,

first you will generate board outline in global layer. after that select that one and go to spreedshhet\obstacles.

here you can copy same thing in differnet layers. orcad accepts only one board outline, so that you can chane each obstacle type to detail whereever you copy.

Havi

Loq

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Thx Havi,

I used the method you described last week for my last order. The board outline originally drawn on global layer has been copied on another free layer (sst for us). But I had had to add comments in my email bound to manufacturers to explain this trick. This solution seems not to be very "professionnal" and I guess the board outline should be automatically generated by post-processing in performant CAD Tool (eventually by adding a gerber file dedicated to global layer). Do you know if it is th case with 10 version.

Thx,
Loq

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back