Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

OrCAD 7 segment display

Status
Not open for further replies.

castravete

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello, I'm looking for a 7 segment display to make the following circuit:
**broken link removed**

Can someone please help me with this ? I have no idea how to make it myself and the rest of the components are in the library.
The circuit is a simple logic tester.

It would be good for it to be in .olb format because I have tried to convert some different files and it didn't work. I'm a beginner.

Thanks.

If you can't get someone to give you this component, then I guess you'll have to read the documentation about creating a component in Orcad. It is a useful skill, and not that hard.

--'Give a man an OrCad component, and he'll be able to design one circuit. Teach him how to create a component, and he'll design thousands.'

It looks as though the digit is connected so that only a few segments light. There is nothing wrong with doing this, but since you say it is a simple logic tester, you may as well substitute individual LED's.

Maybe green for 1?
Red for 0?
Rapid pulses will cause both to be dimly lit.

I once dismantled a seven-segment display. I found 7 tiny LED's, shining onto 7 translucent windows.

It looks as though the digit is connected so that only a few segments light. There is nothing wrong with doing this, but since you say it is a simple logic tester, you may as well substitute individual LED's.

Maybe green for 1?
Red for 0?
Rapid pulses will cause both to be dimly lit.

I once dismantled a seven-segment display. I found 7 tiny LED's, shining onto 7 translucent windows.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think the OP is looking for a OrCad schematic symbol, not an actual 7-segment display.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back