Not open for further replies.

sssuneth

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello every one

I have been trying to develop a PCB using Orcad 16.5 for the last couple of days.

I manage to get the schematic done but struggling to go further with it. specially the footprint.

1.) what should I do after schematic?
2.) where do i find the Orcad Footprint library ?
2.) do I need Allegro to complete ?

please guide me through. I haven't used Orcad before. watched plenty youtube videos but
i do not get it.

Thank you very much Indeed.

Orcad is a good tool for schematic design & simulation. In fact it is the best, but when it comes to PCB this software really becomes a frightening nightmare. :shock:

If your schematic is working & you have tested it by all means then go for Eagle Cadsoft software. It's free version is working upto 2 layer PCB design & having largest community working on it. You can find a broad range of libraries & footprints matching from other components as well. It's also sponsored software from Element14.com where you can order almost all your related components used.

Just redesign the schematic in Eagle & then just a single click you can make .brd file & manually work on you customized PCB. :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…