Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

OrCad 16.5 capture to Allegro

Status
Not open for further replies.

sssuneth

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello every one

I have been trying to develop a PCB using Orcad 16.5 for the last couple of days.

I manage to get the schematic done but struggling to go further with it. specially the footprint.

1.) what should I do after schematic?
2.) where do i find the Orcad Footprint library ?
2.) do I need Allegro to complete ?

please guide me through. I haven't used Orcad before. watched plenty youtube videos but
i do not get it.

Thank you very much Indeed.

Orcad is a good tool for schematic design & simulation. In fact it is the best, but when it comes to PCB this software really becomes a frightening nightmare. :shock:

If your schematic is working & you have tested it by all means then go for Eagle Cadsoft software. It's free version is working upto 2 layer PCB design & having largest community working on it. You can find a broad range of libraries & footprints matching from other components as well. It's also sponsored software from Element14.com where you can order almost all your related components used. :cool:

Just redesign the schematic in Eagle & then just a single click you can make .brd file & manually work on you customized PCB. :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back