Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

optocoupler interface

Status
Not open for further replies.

pranitapatil

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi frends.
i am working with optointerupter H21A1.it is having 4 pins . i connect the 220 ohms R to the anode terminal of it and cathode is made grounded. Also i have connected the pull up R of 10 k to the collector terminal with 5 v supplyand emitter is made grounded. I observed the output in between collector and ground but it is continuosly 4.29 v even though the interupt occur. why is it so?

Hi,
Doyue connected the 220R on +5V too?
Can you measure the Led current/voltage?
Are the pins surly not changed pls?
K.

Have you connected 220Ω to +5V?
With this connection in place and nothing between diode and phototransistor, the phototransistor should pull down the voltage on it's collector o logic "L" ..

Connect mA-meter in series with 220Ω and confirm the diode's current to be around 15mA ..

Rgds,
IanP
:D

OK,
Than measure pls LED voltage(direct on the pins) or current...
K.

yes i measured the voltage across led that is coming out to be 1.7v

Added after 1 hours 2 minutes:

hey i think i should clear the terminals first. initialy i thought the terminal denoted as E as emitter.but now i think i am wrong.refer the datasheet which i posted initialy.tell me if you came to know.

The terminal connections are labelled 1,2,3,4 which translate to Anode, Cathode, Collector, Emitter. The E and D markings stand for "emitter" and "detector". Confusing eh?

Also, be careful that you note the pin connections are a view of the device from the bottom (pin side) not the top.

Keith.

Hi pranitapatil,
These was the reason of my questionary in the first posting too :)...
K.
I wished to quotation to make_but maked some mistake...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back