Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi all
does any one use this software?

**broken link removed**

if yes.. how did u find it? do u advice me to download this 86MB software?

as they say on the website it's a free software (open source) under GPL and work under both windows and linux but didn't know if it worth downloading or not
best regards

kicad czech

I do use kicad, and I like the schematic capture. I find it extremely easy to use, as long as you have extra libraries, as the ones included with it are not very comprehensive. You can download more libraries from:

www.kicadlib.org

kicad schematic

I use Kicad. It seems very good - schematics and manual routing. I tried the autorouter recently on a PCB with about 10 ICs. It made a mess of the board! Just as well I checked! Many tracks were routed incorrectly although the schematic is 100% ok. Totally unrelated tracks were copnnceted together. I eventually gave up on the autorouter. Has any one used the autorouter successfully?

My schematic was on 4 sheets. The autorouter either does not work properly or maybe I am doing something wrong. I have been over everything many times - could not find a solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…