Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Opinions on Kicad software

Status
Not open for further replies.

sawwa7

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi all
does any one use this software?

**broken link removed**

if yes.. how did u find it? do u advice me to download this 86MB software?

as they say on the website it's a free software (open source) under GPL and work under both windows and linux but didn't know if it worth downloading or not
best regards

kicad czech

I do use kicad, and I like the schematic capture. I find it extremely easy to use, as long as you have extra libraries, as the ones included with it are not very comprehensive. You can download more libraries from:

www.kicadlib.org

kicad schematic

I use Kicad. It seems very good - schematics and manual routing. I tried the autorouter recently on a PCB with about 10 ICs. It made a mess of the board! Just as well I checked! Many tracks were routed incorrectly although the schematic is 100% ok. Totally unrelated tracks were copnnceted together. I eventually gave up on the autorouter. Has any one used the autorouter successfully?

My schematic was on 4 sheets. The autorouter either does not work properly or maybe I am doing something wrong. I have been over everything many times - could not find a solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back