Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Opinions on FEMM 4.2 tool

Status
Not open for further replies.

ekswamy

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
femm magnetic

Hello all,

I am using FEMM 4.2 for 2D low frequency Electrostatic, electromagnetic and current conduction problems. Its simply fantastic and freely downloadable from

https://femm.foster-miller.net/wiki/HomePage

It has solved many of my problems. Lua scrpting is a very usrful tool for parametric sweeps.

Regards,
swamy

femm 4.2

Dear Swamy,
I wold like to do magnetic field simulation of a coil of three turns with FEMM. Is it possible to do with FEMM. Kindly suggest the way it can be done.

femm 4

HELLO,
yes, it can be done The procedure is as follows.
1. Define an axisymmetric electromagnetic problem.
2. Define the coil window structure, magnetic core if any
3. Define boundary structure
4. Define the materials from the material boundary (including the wire size)
5: Define a circuit with current
6. Assign the circuit parameters
7. Assign materials and boundaries
8. Modify mesh size to your need
9. mesh, solve and open post processing window
10. Get the data you need either as field plots or graphs or table
11. You can extract inductance, resistance, coil voltage,power loss, force and torque.
This is only a general guide. Please go through the tutorials and you will understand. Good Luck.
REGARDS,
Swamy

femm electromagnetic

I have been using FEMM recently and I'm pretty impressed also.

There is also a somewhat active yahoo group devoted to FEMM... easy to get answers.

femm magnetics

Sorry to bother, is there something similar for 3d, for free?
Greetings.

FEMM 4.2

iI hv done drawing of woofer motor.
I am able to simulate it. But some features i am not able to understand.
Need help.

Hello every one..
I am trying to use FEMM 4.2 to simulate magnetic flux in salient-pole synchoronous machine ( alternator ). I am using electromagnet ( not permanet magnetics ) for it's rotor. I have tried for a simple picture ( using 2 poles ) as shown in the Kelvin Transformation, but when I run the system couldn't work. Actually, in my project I am going to use 12 poles ( six pair poles ) in the salient-pole. Or my be something was wrong in my program? To tell truth, it was for the first time I used this program for my project. Is there any tutoril in youtobe related my project. Any one can help me?

Nasir

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back