Not open for further replies.

rameshbalan

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello.
i confused that what is the difference between OTA and v to I converter.because input to OTA is voltage and output is current. similarly input of OTA is voltage and output is current.so can we use the OTA instead of V to I converter in circuits.

An ideal OTA (with a very large output resistance) works as a voltage-controlled current source (VCCS).
Of course, you can call such a system "voltage-to-current converter" because the input voltage is "converted" into a current by multiplying the voltage with a transconductance gm.

thank you,but i have one doubt,can i replace the OTA network by V to I converter made by op amp in circuits.is it make any difference in output?

thank you,but i have one doubt,can i replace the OTA network by V to I converter made by op amp in circuits.is it make any difference in output?

The answer is simple: YES, if the V-I converter has the same properties as the OTA.
However, as this never will be the case (input/output impedances, transconductance gm, bandwidth) certainly the circuit will behave differently.

The V-I converter might have different I/P ,O/P impedances .When you mean V-I converter what is that you mean ? Can you please post a picture of the circuit ?
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.