Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

operating frquency of an unknown smps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ambi

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hii all, can anyone tell how to find the operating frequency of an unknown flyback transformer?

You need to find out its turns ratio, inductance of primary and Secondary and wire gauages...

I think it will be better if you share more on what information is available with you - so that others can help you faster.

One option is - if you are able to scope out the voltage @ diode in secondary or the current through the diode - all before the capacitor in secondary, you can measure the switching frequency.

hiii thanks for ur response :)

i don'k know the inductance because i don'k hav any measuring inst lik LCR, function generator...
py turns: 170 ts, 0.1mm wire
sy turns: 11 ts, 0.3mm wire
auxiliary turns: 11 ts, 0.1mm wire
transistor s 13001

pl help me ot

First tell me, do you have that transformer only OR you have a whole circuit of SMPS ?

Whole circuit of smps...

Status
Not open for further replies.