Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

opamp in sigma delta modulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

glacieryy

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi all,

how do i get the specific requirements of opamps (gain,bandwidth,...)in sigma delta modulator?

thanks a lot!

the selection of the opamp depends upon the gain error allowed and sampling frequencies u are using.
for a sampling frequency of fs,your opamp gbw shud be greater than 5fs.
and for a small gain error u need very high gain.
in that cases,a fully differential gain boosted opamp will solves u r problem.

If you are using a cascaded multistage sigma delta modulator, the requirements of the opamp also vary because the first integrator will have higher gain than the succeding stages. The first stage sigma delta integrator will have bigger capacitor loads to drive.

Also, importantly, the first stage should have a GBW which is not very much because the noise generated by the first stage should not be very high.

Thanks very much!

but,is there any theory to calculate these parameter?
maybe,in other words,how do i get the exact parameter for the opamp?

thanks again!

Added after 12 minutes:

Vamsi Mocherla,
do you mean in order to minimise the noise in first stage,the capacitor size in first stage should be largest?
thanks!

Sure. The capacitor size in the first stage should be the largest.

rfic:
Thanks for your advice!

But I am still puzzled by this problem!
Thanks for everybody's help!
bowing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back